Saturday 8 February 2014

Kimono tunic



I'm cheating a bit really as I made this tunic a while ago, but I'm on a roll posting about things I've made for the girls, so thought I'd share this too. I first made a more traditional style baby kimono top just before Esther arrived. Since then, I've made a few different versions of the classic, straight wrap around version. This one is my latest kimono based creation. It uses the same basic kimono shape for the bodice, but fastens with buttons at the back and has a pleated 'skirt'. I was keeping my fingers crossed while I was making this  - I wasn't sure if Esther would look a bit swamped, but it turned out just as I'd hoped. It has a nice relaxed feel - looks comfy but cool and works really well in the soft drapey brushed cotton.


I've got plans afoot to make a download patten for this style, so you'll probably be seeing a few more versions over the next few months!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails