Wednesday 5 February 2014

Geranium dress

Oh I am so in love with this dress. I have been very tempted to scrunch up and squeeze myself into it, but the thought of being discovered wedged in a few hours later, panicked and shame-faced has held me back. Probably for the best.

The pattern is the Geranium Dress download from Made by Rae. I know I'll be making  lots more -  it's quick to make, with a simple unfussy design but a really a great shape. I really like the scoop of the neck and the curve of the faux cap sleeves - just right.  It came up a little small around the chest, but that's more to do with me not paying proper attention to the seam allowance than any fault with the pattern.

The fabric is from Ikea (again) via my cupboard. Who could feel grumpy looking at that print of retro happiness? Freya wore her dress to dance class and 'Daddy's cafe' on Saturday and it got lots of comments - quite a few people recognised the print - and now we know that Freya's new dress matches an ironing board, some sofa cushions and a bed spread in East Oxford!


2 comments:

  1. I've just discovered your blog and it's such gorgeous eye candy! Your projects are gorgeous and your photography captures them perfectly. I also live reading the little snippets of your family life. On that note, be gentle on yourself regarding your much loved Dad, two years is no time at all the loss is still so new. Take care, Josie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Josie - I'm so glad you like my blog! And thanks for your kinds words:)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails